Know The FactsAbout Medical Marijuana in Florida
In June 2017, Senate Bill 8A amended section 381.989, Florida Statutes, and includes provisions directing the Florida Department of Health to develop a statewide public service education campaign to inform and educate Floridians on newly established medical marijuana laws and the importance of responsible use.
As Florida's Official Source for Responsible Use, the Florida Department of Health’s Office of Medical Marijuana Use is dedicated to offering the most current and accurate information surrounding medical marijuana in Florida. Below, you will find helpful information and resources to ensure the safe and legal use of medical marijuana by you and your loved ones.
"Know the Facts" Educational One-Pagers:
- Know the Facts about Patients
- Know the Facts about Qualified Physicians
- Know the Facts about Legal Use
- Know the Facts about Safe Storage
- Know the Facts about Smoking Medical Marijuana
- Know the Facts about Edibles
- Know the Facts about Marijuana Health Effects on Minors
- Know the Facts about Effects of Medical Marijuana on Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women
- Know the Facts about Medical Marijuana and Epilepsy
OMMU Educational Materials:
- Required Documentation for ID Card Applications
- ID Card Application Processing Timeline
- Trifold Brochure
- Poster (24" x 36")
Statewide Cannabis and Medical Marijuana Education and
Illicit Use Prevention Campaign Annual Reports:
The OMMU's Outreach Team is able to provide presentations to interested organizations. If you would like to schedule a presentation by a representative from the OMMU, please email Todd Schimpf at Todd.Schimpf@flhealth.gov.